Taxco is a Mexican city famous for its silver workshops. On this day trip you'll discover the colonial architecture ofthe "City of Light" and the stunning church of Santa Prisca.
Taxco Day Trip
We will pick you up from your hotel at 7 am and make our way to Taxco de Alarcón, the silver capital of the world! Are you ready to discover this beautiful city, the silver el dorado?!
Three and a half hours later, we will have reached our destination. Once there, we will visit the local silver workshops where we will learn the importance of the mining industry and its long history in the area. And, we will learn all about the skilled local craftsmen and their different uses for zinc, copper and silver.
Then the tour will visit the church of Santa Prisca, an ornate Spanish-Baroque style basilica that is known for its detailed ornamentation, its altarpiece representing the Souls of Purgatory and its delicate ribbed vault. A testament to the craftsmanship of the region, and also linked to the history of mining in the area.
After the visit, we will enjoy the atmosphere and the craft shops of the Zócalo, or Plaza Borda. Here you will have two hours of free time to continue exploring its colonial streets in search of temples such as San Bernardino de Siena, San Miguel Arcángel or San Nicolás. And don't forget to try some of the local cuisine in one of its restaurants!
Then we'll take you back to your hotel in Acapulco, arriving at around 7 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 2|
|Taxco Day Trip||
Taxco Day Trip
Children under 2Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by bus.
Englosh speaking guide.
Entryo to the Santa Prisca Basilica and the platerías.
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 3 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.