If you are fascinated by birds and want to become an expert ornithologist for a day, don't miss this brilliant bird watching activity at Lagoa dos Salgados, the natural paradise of Albufeira!
Birdwatching in Lagoa dos Salgados
We will meet up at the time of your choice at the Lagoa dos Salgados car park, located just a few miles from Albufeira. From here, we will start with a bird watching tour in one of the most important nature reserves in the whole Algarve.
For four hours, we will visit the most beautiful enclaves of this coastal lagoon in order to observe the behavior, and learn about the characteristics, of the more than 200 species that live there. We will go in search of the less common ones, such as the lesser yellowlegs and the pectoral sandpiper.
We will see the western marsh harrier, the ferruginous duck, the penduline tit, and the elegant purple heron, among others. Along the way, we will be helped by the guide's explanations, binoculars, and a telescope to help us spot the greatest number of birds in the marshes.
After some time, we will finish the experience at the starting point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 12 people per group.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Per person||Children under 12|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 47.90
Children under 12not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide specialized in ornithology.
Binoculars and telescope.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Aparcamiento de Lagoa dos Salgados.