Discover one of the Loire Valley's must-see monuments with this Amboise Castle Entrance Ticket. You'll even have the chance to see where Leonardo da Vinci's tomb lies. Book your ticket now without queuing!
Amboise Castle Entrance Ticket
Amboise Castle, one of the medieval jewels of the Loire Valley, has seen everything within its walls: conspiracies, confinements, secret love affairs... With this skip the line entrance, you'll be able to explore the gardens and palatial rooms of this essential monument in the history of France.
InsideAmboise Castle, you'll be able to admire the Renaissance decoration that began to be implemented with the arrival of King Louis XII on the throne. His nephew and successor to the French Crown, Francis I, continued his uncle's legacy by further promoting the arts. Moreover, the Château d'Amboise was connected by a tunnel to the Château de Clos-Lucé: the residence where Leonardo da Vinci, invited by Francis I himself, spent his last years of life.
In the gardens of the Amboise castle is the chapel of Saint Hubert, which guards the tomb of Leonardo da Vinci. Did you know that, according to the writings of the time, the Tuscan polymath died in the arms of Francis I, who considered the artist as the father he never had?
It's also worth visiting the panoramic terraces of the Amboise Castle, from which you'll enjoy excellent views of the Loire River.
Your skip-the-line ticket also includes a brochure in English and a HistoPad: a tablet with explanations and videos in English. On this device, you can tour by yourself, discovering the different stories about the legendary past of the Amboise castle.
Amboise Castle Tour
If you wish, you can take a guided tour in French of the castle of Amboise. On this tour, you'll access the basement of the medieval fortress, the Garçonnet Tower, the Hall of Lilies, the ditches of the old keep and the underground labyrinths, as well as the Cavalier des Minimes Tower.
You can book this tour, called "Racks of History", at the monument's ticket office. These guided tours, which last 60 minutes and are recommended for children aged 7 and over, take place at the following times
- From 1st to 31st August: every day at 5:30 pm.
- From 1st to 30th September: Saturdays and Sundays at 5 pm, except on Heritage Days.
- 2nd and 3rd January: 10 am to 4:45 pm.
- 4th January to 5th February: Monday to Friday 2 pm to 4:45 pm; Saturdays and Sundays 10 am to 12:30 pm and 2 pm to 4.45 pm.
- 6th to 12th February: Monday to Friday 2 pm to 5 pm; Saturdays and Sundays 10 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 5 pm.
- 13th February to 31st March: Monday to Sunday 9 am to 5:30 pm.
- 1st April to 10th July: Monday to Sunday 9 am to 6:30 pm.
- 11th July to 31st August: Monday to Sunday 9 am to 7 pm.
- 1st September to 1st November: Monday to Sunday 10 am to 6 pm.
- 2nd to 15th November: Monday to Friday 2 pm to 5 pm; Saturdays and Sundays 10 am to 5 pm.
- 11th November (French public holiday): 10 am to 5 pm.
- 16th to 30th November: Monday to Friday 2 pm to 5 pm; Saturdays and Sundays 10 am to 12:30 pm and 2 pm to 5 pm.
- 1st to 18th December: 2 pm to 4:45 pm Monday to Friday; Saturdays and Sundays 10 am to 12.30 pm and 2 pm to 4:45 pm.
- 19th to 31st December: Monday to Sunday 10 am to 4:45 pm.
Last access is allowed 30 minutes before closing time.
Entrance without queues
By booking this ticket, you'll avoid the queues that usually form at the ticket office of Amboise Castle. However, you'll have to keep the queue at the entrance to the monument. Security checks may take a few minutes.
Entrance for the disabled
Disabled people can buy a discounted ticket on the official website of the castle or at the monument's own ticket office.
Children between 7 and 18 years oldUS$ 11
Children under 7 years oldFree
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations to avoid the spread of Covid-19.
Entrance without queues to the Amboise Castle.
Tablet HistoPad with explanations and videos in English.
Leaflet in English.
Guided tour in French "Backstage of History": from € 5 (US$ 6.10) per person
When to book?
You can book up until 2 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Most areas are accessible.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.