Discover Amritsar when you take our wonderful free walking tour. You will see the principal landmarks and tourist attractions around the city which is famous for its colorful turbans and the Golden Temple, a popular religious shrine for Sikh pilgrims.
Amritsar Free Walking Tour
Our walking tour starts at the Partition Museum, located inside Amritsar City Hall. There, our English language speaking guide will tell you all about the background behind the disturbances which led to British India breaking into two different countries, India and Pakistan. This is the perfect location to learn more about both Amritsar and the country in general.
As we explore the narrow, bustling streets of the Old Town, you will see a replica of the Indian Parliament and a statue of Babasaheb Ambedkar, a famous social reformer whose long fight against the discrimination of the lower caste inspired the Buddhist movement.
We will also visit the Jallianwala Bagh memorial, which commemorates the Amritsar massacre, and the Gurdwara Baba Atal Sikh shrine.
Continuing our journey through the history of Amritsar and Sikhism, the next stops will be the Sikh Reference Library, the Central Sikh Museum, and the Akal Takht, the highest seat of religious authority for Sikhism
The last point on our tour is Amritsar's symbolic icon, the Golden Temple. This impressive place of worship is captivating not only for its beautiful architecture but also the ambiance of respect and spirituality that is felt in its vicinity. This is a magical location from which to say farewell to our tour of Amritsar.
You can book this tour for up to a maximum of 6 people.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Professional English and Hindi speaking guide
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (11:59 pm) if there are still places available. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.