Connect with your more spiritual side and discover the Golden Temple, the pilgrimage site of Sikhism that has led to Amritsar being one of the most popular destinations in India. On this tour, you'll find out more about Sikhism and you'll visit this world-renowned temple.
Golden Temple Guided Tour
We'll start the tour at the entrance to the Golden Temple, also known as the Harmandir Sahib and the Darbar Sahib. Here, an English speaking guide will explain the history of the magical place, which is visited by Sikhs at least once in their lifetime. You'll be amazed by its beauty and the reflection of its silhouette on the water that surrounds it.
You'll be able to enter the Clock Tower, and other stand-out parts of this religious complex. Plus, you'll get to enter the famous Guru-Ka-Langar dining hall, which is accessed by some 100,000 pilgrims each day.
Next, we'll visit the nine-storey octagonal tower, Baba Atal, located just south of the Golden Temple. Built in 1784, this tower honours Atal Rai, the son of the sixth of ten Gurus of the Sikh religion, Guru Hargobind.
The tour will finally come to an end at the Sikh Reference Library and the Sikh Museum, where you'll find out more about the origins of this religion, and about how Sikhs were persecuted after the partition of British India. This will be the perfect end to a tour which will immerse you in the culture, history and religion of this country.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Per person||Children under 4 years old|
Per personUS$ 10.90
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English and Hindi speaking expert guide.
A hot drink and prasāda (typical snack).
Transport if necessary.
When to book?
You can book up until 8 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
The Golden Temple