Thinking of doing a safari near Arusha? Discover Lake Manyara National Park from a 4x4 with an English speaking guide and drive through the village of Mto Wa Mbu to get a taste of traditional Tanzanian life. You'll have a ROAR-ing good time.
Lake Manyara National Park Day Trip
After picking you up from your hotel in Arusha, we'll head towards the first stop: the village of Mto Wa Mbu. You'll learn about the Tanzanian culture firsthand in this village which is home to almost 120 different tribes.
In this area they live from agriculture (mainly rice and bananas) as well as from cattle raising, so it will not be unusual to find some cows outside the houses. Food stalls and local artists painting can always be found in the streets of this village.
Once the visit to Mto Wa Mbu is over, we'll get into the 4x4 again to set off towards Lake Manyara National Park. This National Park declared a Biosphere Reserve in 1981, stands out for its great variety of ecosystems: semi-arid areas, swampy spaces, and acacia, or baobab forests.
In the park, you can find a variety of wild animals: elephants, crocodiles, giraffes, zebras, wildebeests, baboons and... up to 400 species of birds! But perhaps the animal that surprises visitors the most is the King of the Jungle; Lake Manyara National Park is also home to lions that spend hours gazing at the terrain from the top of the trees. Do you want to know why they decided to climb up there? The guide will explain the main theories behind it.
In the afternoon, we'll return to the cars to take you back to your hotel in Arusha.
On the day of the activity, we recommend wearing comfortable clothing and footwear suitable for hiking or trainers. Don't forget a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 10% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 10% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 350
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Entry to Lake Manyara National Park.
Transport by 4x4 Toyota Land Cruiser during safari.
Wifi, minibar and ports in the 4x4.
A pair of binoculars per pair.
Picnic style lunch: Sandwich, fruit and cake.
Drinks: Bottle of still water and a refreshment.
Tip for the guide (between 17€ and 45€ per vehicle).
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.