On this excursion we'll visit the astonishing temples of Abu Simbel, the only monuments in Egypt that can hold a candle to the grandiosity of the three pyramids of Giza.
Excursion to Abu Simbel
The tour leaves from Aswan in the middle of the night, around 4 am. We'll pick you up at your hotel or the boat where you're staying. It's worth the early morning to arrive at the temples first thing in the morning and to avoid the suffocating heat of the midday sun. And an added bonus is that on the way you can enjoy the unique experience of sunrise in the desert.
After 3 hours we'll arrive at Abu Simbel, the famous complex made up of two temples excavated in the rock, one dedicated to Ramses II and the other to Nefertari, his favourite wife. The complex took 20 years to build, and was made under the stewardship of Ramses II. Today they are fantastically preserved, being buried beneath the sand until the 19th century and thus protected from the elements.
Our guided tour will take around 2 hours, enough time to discover every corner of both temples and learn all of their stories and anecdotes - such as how they came to be moved, and what Egypt did in return for international help in doing so.
Having enjoyed our time in this jewel of Egypt we'll return to Aswan, arriving a little after midday.
Explanations come outside of the temple itself, and once over you'll have free time to visit the inside.
A piece of advice
As the tour leaves very early, we recommend that you ask your hotel to provide you with breakfast to go the night before, which you can then eat as a picnic.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12||Children under 6|
|English Language Tour||
English Language Tour
Children between 6 and 12US$ 41.60
Children under 6Free
* The price increases on the 30 September
8 - 9 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport in an air conditioned vehicle.
Entry to the Abu Simbel temples.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, imperative to point out when the booking is made.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.