Escape the urban multitude and set-off on an 11-hour day-trip to the Catalan Pyrenees. Marvel at the area’s bucolic landscape while you explore the beautiful Nuria Valley, Catalonia’s cradle of mountain sports.
Pyrenees Mountains Day Trip
Begin your excursion to the Catalan Pyrenees by boarding a comfortable air-conditioned coach at 8 am from Barcelona's Estación del Nord. Sit back and enjoy the scenery during the two-hour journey.
Upon arrival, you’ll enjoy nature in its purest form and revel in the mountainous scenery with high summits, lush valleys, streams with crystalline water, capriciously steep rocks and picturesque villages.
Discover the cultural and artistic heritage of the villages of the Catalan Pyrenees, while you admire unique Romanesque churches and abbeys. Visit the Benedictine Monastery of Santa María de Ripoll, renowned for its scriptorium and monastic school.
Next, head to the impressive Nuria Valley, in the heart of the eastern part of the Catalan Pyrenees, on a typical cogwheel train. You’ll marvel at the beautiful views over the valley while you sit on the train and spot the Virgin of Nuria, a Catholic shrine, perched nearly 2.000 meters high surrounded by devastating summits.
Before returning to Barcelona, you’ll have free time to take part in some of the activities that make Nuria Valley a favorite destination for the most adventurous. Some of the most-popular activities include horseback riding, archery, canoeing on the lake, and many others.
You’ll be back in the heart of Barcelona at around 7pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children less 7 years old|
Children less 7 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Return transportation by air conditioned coach.
Bilingual guide (English and Spanish).
Admission to Ripoll Monastery.
Ride on the cogwheel train and cable car.
Introductory tour of Nuria Valley.
Local product tasting.
Discounts in numerous activities.
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (5:00 pm) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Estación del Nord.