On this tour we'll explore the historic centre of Cairo, touring its must-see locations: the Cairo Citadel, the Mohamed Ali Mosque, the Khan el-Khalili market, and the Egyptian Museum, where the tomb of Tutankhamun can be found.
Complete Cairo Tour with Tickets
Having picked you up from your hotel in Cairo between 7:30 am and 7:45 am, we'll make our way to the historic centre of the largest city in Africa.
Our first stop will be the Cairo Citadel, an enormous medieval fortress which has become the best known non-ancient monument in the city. Inside we'll take a look at the beautifully decorated Mohamed Ali mosque, known as the alabaster mosque for the soft white stone from which it is built.
Leaving the fortress behind, we'll make our way to the Khan el-Khalili market, the most famous in Cairo, and whose labyrinthine streets are like a real open air museum. Khan el-Khalili is the perfect place to buy souvenirs and reproductions of objects from ancient Egypt.
We'll stop to eat after visiting the market, with a menu including various salads and a main course accompanied by rice and vegetables. And for dessert, a refreshing fruit salad.
In the evening we'll dedicate three hours to the Egyptian Museum, the most important museum not just in the country, but perhaps in the world. Here you can find the masterworks of the ancient period, and the star attraction the legendary treasures of Tutankhamun.
We'll pass through Coptic Cairo, one of the most unique neighbourhoods in the city, visiting Al-Muallaqa, better known as the hanging church, constructed as it was upon the ruins of the tower of Babylon. Then nearby we'll see the Ben Ezra Synagogue, found where it was thought the baby Moses was found thousands of years ago. Then to finish, we'll head to the church of Saints Sergius and Bacchus also known as the cave church, where the holy family were hidden after fleeing to Egypt.
This unforgettable sightseeing experience will end back at your hotel at around 4 pm, having discovered the most important places of interest in Cairo.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12 years old||Children under 6 years old|
Children between 6 and 12 years oldUS$ 36.20
Children under 6 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by bus or minibus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to all the listed attractions.
Entry to the mummy hall in the Egyptian Museum.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.