Discover all the treasures of the city of Menia when you take our fantastic 2-day tour from Cairo, you will become an expert in the fascinating Egyptian history.
Menia 2 Day Tour
Day 1: El Cairo – Menia
We will leave Cairo behind and head to Menia, also known as Al Minya, located about 150 miles south of the Egyptian capital. Once we arrive at the hotel in Menia, we will leave our luggage and then set off for Tuna el-Gebel, the magnificent necropolis which houses the tomb of Petosiris. We will explore the site, situated in a picturesque desert area on the banks of the Nile. Our guide, an expert in Egyptian history will tell you all the secrets and history of this necropolis.
Later, we return to the hotel in Menia to enjoy a full dinner and rest and recharge, ready for the next day.
Day 2: Menia – El Cairo
After having breakfast at the hotel, we will head to the necropolis of Beni Hassan. Here we will discover the 39 wonderful tombs excavated in the rock which were built during the Middle Kingdom era of Ancient Egypt for the princes and high officials of the dynasty that lived in this part of Egypt. During the visit, we will hear all about the history of Beni Hassan from our guide.
We will continue our excursion by visiting the archeological site at Amarna, which was the location for the ancient Egyptian city of Akhetatón. Finally, at the end, we will return to Cairo.
The excursion includes one night's half-board accommodation (including dinner and breakfast) at the Grand Aton Hotel Alminaya. If there is no availability, the night will be spent in another hotel of equal or higher category.
From 20th December to 2nd January (Christmas), and the 28th of March to the 4th of April 2021 (Easter), refunds will not be available in the event of cancellation.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 293.70
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
1 night accommodation in Menia.
Food and drink.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.