Discover the hidden beauty of the Costa Brava with this tour of its Medieval walled towns and castles. Explore picturesque villages, hidden beach coves and much more.
Costa Brava & Medieval Towns Tour Itinerary
At the scheduled time, meet your guide in the historic centre of Girona, ready to begin your guided tour of the quaint villages and Medieval towns around the Costa Brava.
First, you'll visit the coastal towns of Llafranc and Calella, which are famous for their small sandy coves and historic fishing traditions. After exploring the clifftop paths characteristic of this region, you'll head to Begur, a beautiful Medieval town located on top of a hill. Here, you'll have time to climb up to the ruins of the castle, where you will have spectacular views across the Gulf of Roses.
The next stop on your tour is Pals. Climbing plants, moats, walls, and Romanesque towers make this town one of the prettiest on the Costa Brava. This area is known for its rice fields, and you'll have the opportunity to sample this locally grown product later, making a stop at one of the town's traditional restaurants. The star dish here is rice casserole (not included). After eating, enjoy a stroll through the artisan market stalls, reaching the Torre de las Horas, an ancient tower that is the only remaining vestige of the Castle of Pals, which was destroyed in the 15th Century.
Not far from Pals, you'll find one of the best conserved Medieval towns in all of Catalonia: Peratallada, whose name means "carved stone". From this pretty town, you'll head back to Girona, stopping at La Bisbal d’Empordà on the way to admire the traditional ceramic produced there.
You'll arrive back in Girona at around 6 pm.
Minimum and maximum group size
This activity has a minimum of two participants and a maximum of six.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 59.90
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Transport around the towns of the Costa Brava.
English speaking guide.
Guided visit of Llafranc, Calella, and Begur.
Guided tour of the medieval towns of Pals and Peratallada.
When to book?
You can book up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Plaça de Sant Feliu square.