Delve into Girona's history and culture enjoying a tasting of different local delicacies while exploring the city's beautiful old town on this unmissable food tour.
Girona Food Tour
After meeting at 5 pm in Plaça de Sant Feliu, in the heart of Girona's historic centre, we'll embark on our walking tour of the old town, ready to learn all about the city and discover its most quintessential culinary flavours.
Throughout the tour, we'll enjoy three food tastings at typical establishments around Girona old town. Depending on the season, we'll try different foods such as artisan cheeses and cured sausages, jamón ibérico ham, typical local sweet treats and ratafia, a very sweet homemade liqueur. We'll accompany this taste of the best of Catalan and Spanish cuisine with a beer or a fine wine from Empordà, a bottle of water if you prefer.
What's more, during our food tour we'll also learn about the history of the city. Thanks to our guide's lively explanations, we'll travel back in time to the foundation of Gerunda, the Roman settlement that later become Girona. After visiting the ancient Roman city walls, we'll continue strolling through the old call, as the Jewish quarter is known, and the other areas of medieval Girona.
We'll get to admire the façade of emblematic monuments such as the Sant Pere de Galligants Monastery and the Girona Cathedral, home to the largest Gothic nave in Europe.
Our food tour of Girona will come to an end between 7:30 pm and 8 pm in Carrer de Santa Clara.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 9 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 9 years oldUS$ 18
Children under 3 years oldFree
2 hours 30 minutes - 3 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of Girona's history.
3 food tastings (tapas, pintxos or local products).
3 drinks (water, beer or wine).
Additional food and drinks.
Food and drink for children under 3.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Plaça de Sant Feliu.