Dare yourself to experience subwing, a fantastic new water sport that involves both diving and gliding through the ocean. Our adventure also includes a cruise along the coast of Gozo, giving you a unique perspective of Malta!
The Subwing experience
Gliding and swimming at the same time? Now it is possible with the experience of subwing, a water sport that is becoming more and more popular every day. With this activity, you will dive underwater whilst attached to a board with two rotating wings, which is being pulled along by a motorboat. Then you will ride through the water and perform pirouettes while racing along at full speed.
At 1:30 pm, we will meet up at the ferry terminal in Gozo, where we board the boat that will take us out into the deep blue ocean, far from the coast. During the crossing, a specialized monitor will explain all the safety measures and techniques for performing subwing in the safest way.
Then the moment has arrived! We'll jump into the sea, and hold on to the board as the boat takes us at full speed along the stunning Gozo seabed. You'll be able to move freely with the new technique you've learned. You will enjoy two dives of 25 minutes each, allowing you to experience subwing to the full.
Back on the surface, we will return to the boat to enjoy sailing on the waters of Gozo before returning to the original starting point. The tour ends between 3:30 pm and 4:30 pm depending on the size of the group.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 60% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Per person||Children under 7|
Per personUS$ 83.80
Children under 7not permitted
2 - 3 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Subwing experience with 2 dives.
Board and goggles.
English speaking instructor and captain.
Bottle of mineral water.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Ferry terminal in Gozo