Explore the contemporary side of the Cuban capital with this Modern Havana Free Tour. You'll visit the must-see locations around the city including the famous neighbourhood of Vedado.
Modern Havana Free Tour
We'll meet at 10 am at the Parque de los Mártires, located at the intersection of San Lázaro and Infanta streets, and start the modern Havana free tour.
Our first stop will be Hamel's Alley, where we'll see the tribute to the Cuban African culture created by the artist Salvador Gonzalez. The tour will continue to the famous Hotel Nacional de Cuba. Did you know that it was the mafia headquarters in the 1930s? You'll be surprised by its curious historical facts as well as those of the nearby Coppelia ice cream parlour, an institution in the city.
The next stop will be the University of Havana campus, where some of its buildings will remind us of ancient Greek temples! Then we'll make our way towards the Avenida de los Presidentes, where we'll admire the statues of various Latin American leaders. Following on, we'll tour the Vedado neighbourhood from the Plaza de la Revolución, and see the famous silhouette of Che Guevara on the façade of the Ministry of the Interior.
Then, we'll head to the iconic Christopher Columbus Necropolis cemetery, which stands out for its beautiful funeral sculptures. After a three-hour tour, at 1 pm the tour will end at the corner of 23rd and 12th streets. In this same location, Fidel Castro declared in 1961 the socialist character of the Cuban Revolution.
Reservations for more than 6 people aren't available. If you want to explore the Cuban capital in a group exclusively for you and your partner, family or friends, you can book the private tour of Havana.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 12 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
3 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Expert English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Parque de los Mártires Universitarios (corner of San Lázaro street and Infanta street).