Step inside one of the most famous and best-preserved castles in Japan. You will learn all its secrets and explore the beautiful gardens that surround it. You will also attend a traditional tea ceremony. This is the perfect experience for your holiday in the Far East.
Himeji Castle Guided Tour
We will meet up at 9 am at Himeji train station and set off to explore one of the architectural treasures of this captivating city.
Accompanied by the guide we will head to Himeji Castle to learn about its fascinating history. You will hear about how it is protected by UNESCO as a Cultural Property. Its peculiar roofs, white walls, and ingenious defensive systems will capture your imagination.
We will access the different rooms of the fort and climb to the top of its main tower. You will hear all about its fascinating history and what happened here during the Second World War.
As we leave, we take a stroll through the Kokoen Gardens, which you make recognize as the setting of many hit Japanese films. Here you will encounter every kind of detail such as bridges, ponds, streams. You feel absolute tranquility.
We will stop in the middle of these gardens to experience an authentic Japanese tea ceremony. Afterward, we will head to a viewpoint from where you will enjoy a perfect view of Himeji Castle and the city.
We will end the tour by returning to the meeting point at 1 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 20% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 11 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children from 4 to 11 years oldUS$ 45
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Entry to himeji castle.
Entry to kokoen castle.
Japanese tea ceremony
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Himeji train station.