Satanic rituals or accidental deaths? The crimes of Jaén raise many unanswered questions. Discover them, if you dare, with this night walk through its beautiful old town.
Jaén Murder Mystery Tour
13th July 2016, 3:30 am, a worried civilian alerts authorities of his neighbour's heart-wrenching cries of "Come here, Satan, for I am your brother". When the National Police arrive at the scene, in front of Jaen's cathedral, the starting point of our tour, they find a Dantesque scene: a man of about 30 years of age dead, naked and covered in ... well, we'll save it for the tour!
We'll start our tour through the historic centre of Jaen by learning the story of the mysterious corpse that was found at that very entrance to the cathedral. Some say that his death was the result of satanic rituals, others say that it's very disturbing that the body appeared in a similar way to another crime described in the novel "The Da Vinci Code". Even the Fourth Millennium programme addressed the issue. We have our own theory on the subject which, of course, we'll reveal during the tour.
We'll go back in time to discuss other crimes that happened in the city. 21st March 1473, Jaén Cathedral, The Constable Don Miguel Lucas de Iranzo wouldn't continue on enjoying his peaceful life: he was murdered while praying in the Main Chapel. As revenge for his death (do you know the cause?) King Henry IV of Castile ordered certain Jaen rulers to be hung from their windows.
After learning about other enigmatic crimes committed in Jaen, we'll finish the tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 11 years old||Children under 5 years old|
Children between 5 and 11 years oldUS$ 3.60
Children under 5 years oldFree
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide specialised in the history of Jaen.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Plaza de Santa María.