Explore the historic centre of Jodhpur with an expert English-speaking guide, and discover its most important monuments on this walking tour. What's more, it's FREE!
Free Walking Tour of Jodhpur Itinerary
Begin your guided walking tour of Jodhpur in the heart of the city centre, next to Ghanta Ghar, or the Clock Tower. This monument, an architectural testament to the Victorian era in which it was built, overlooks the lively Sardar market. The tour will take you through the market, giving you an authentic feel of daily life in India.
Continue your walking tour route to the historic Toorji Ka Jhalra step well. Several hundred years old, the intricate carvings of this traditional step well seem to have resisted the passage of time well. Relax in the peace that surrounds this captivating place, a striking contrast from the bustling Jodhpur streets, and admire the beautiful geometry of its architecture, typical of the Rajasthani region.
Follow your English-speaking guide as you delve deeper into the cultures and traditions of India. You'll explore the labyrinthine blue streets, an important colour in the Hindu faith and the reason Jodhpur has earned the name "the Blue City". Visit some of the most important temples in the city and try not to get lost in the bustling bazaars, where you can buy souvenirs and local food.
After your two hour walking tour of the city's iconic sights, you'll finish in the central Jalori Gate area of Jodhpur.
- It is not possible to reserve this free walking tour if you are a group of more than 6 people.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. There is a maximum of three children permitted per adult.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Local professional English speaking guide.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Jodhpur Clock Tower.