Discover the delicious coffee, tobacco, cocoa, and sugar cane plantations with this fantastic trip to Bayahibe and Higuey from La Romana. Enjoy the pure flavors of the Caribbean!
Bayahibe and Higuey Trip
Between 7:30 and 8:30 am, we will pick you up from your hotel in La Romana before setting off in a safari truck towards the area of Bayahibe, in the southeast of the Dominican Republic.
Our first stop is at an amazing sugar cane plantation in the batey, a settlement around the sugar mill. The staff here will explain to how the sugar cane mill system works and how sugar cane is transformed into delicious Dominican rum!
The excursion continues with a 20-minute horse ride to a traditional Dominican hacienda, where we will enjoy a tasting of coffee, cocoa, and tropical fruit. Then we will continue the route through the beautiful jungle landscapes of Anamuya.
There we will see how the expert cigarette makers roll their tobacco. After the demonstration, we will head to a nearby farm to regain our strength with a tasty buffet lunch. The menu includes several Dominican specialties! Afterward, we will head by bus to the city of Higüey, where we will visit the magnificent Basilica of Our Lady of La Altagracia.
Finally, we will return to La Romana, arriving at your hotel at 4 pm.
Who can take part in the activity?
The minimum age for this activity is 3 years old. In addition, pregnant women and people with heart problems will not be able to participate.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 60% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 3 to 12 years old|
|Tour in English||
US$ 85 US$ 76.50
US$ 43 US$ 38.70
Tour in English
AdultsUS$ 85 US$ 76.50
Children from 3 to 12 years oldUS$ 43 US$ 38.70
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, spanish and other language.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by safari truck.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Basilica of La Altagracia .
Water, rum, and soft drinks.
10% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
You can book up until 10 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.