Say hello to the friendly squirrel monkeys of the Dominican Republic. With this fantastic trip from La Romana, you will be able to play with the animals in their natural habitat.
We will pick you up at your hotel in La Romana between 7:30 and 8 am. Then we will board a fabulous safari truck and begin our adventure!
The first stop will be at La Casa del Coco, where we will have a tasting of delicious coconut oil, chocolate, organic coffee, and fresh seasonal fruits. We will also learn all about the processes involved in creating these traditional products.
Then we will head to Monkeyland: a zoo where we will interact with the playful squirrel monkeys. You can pet them and even feed them! If you don't make sudden movements the monkeys will eat from your hand!
During the visit to Monkeyland, which will last 45 minutes, we will also discover some fascinating facts about the squirrel monkeys. You will learn how many young can have a litter, what their life expectancy is, and much more besides. You will be amazed at how these mammals live!
Finally, we will take you back to La Romana where we arrive at your hotel at 12:45 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 60% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 3 to 12 years old||Children under 3|
|Tour in English||
US$ 75 US$ 67.50
US$ 50 US$ 45
Tour in English
AdultsUS$ 75 US$ 67.50
Children from 3 to 12 years oldUS$ 50 US$ 45
Children under 3not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other language.
Pick up and drop off at your hotel.
English speaking guide.
Entry to Monkeyland.
Tasting of coffee, chocolate, and seasonal fruits.
10% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
You can book up until 10 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.