San Pedro de Macoris is home to one of the most beautiful cathedrals in the south of the Dominican Republic. Be amazed by its striking architecture with this trip from La Romana.
San Pedro de Macorís Trip
We will pick you up from your hotel in La Romana between 7 am and 8 am. After a 40-minute bus ride, we will arrive in San Pedro de Macoris, one of the most beautiful cities on the south coast of the Dominican Republic!
We will first visit the great monumental jewel of the city: the cathedral of St. Peter the Apostle. Inside this beautiful neo-Gothic temple we will see its magnificent set of stained glass windows. You will also observe the intricate architectural detail of the monument whose bell tower is visible from most points in the city.
The tour of San Pedro will continue at Macorix Cigars Co where we will discover how tobacco is rolled during the making of the famous Dominican cigars.
We will then continue, visiting other fascinating parts of the city, such as the old town and Central Park. On the outskirts of the city, we will discover an old sugar mill and one of the most famous baseball pitches in the Caribbean country.
We continue the tour at the Ron Barceló Historical Center. In this museum, dedicated to one of the most famous Dominican drinks, we will see the instruments used in the production process, the aging cellars, and the barrel workshop, and you will become a real rum expert! We will even have the opportunity to taste some delicious varieties.
Finally, we will return to La Romana, arriving at your hotel between 1:30 pm and 2 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 60% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Per person||Children under 12|
|Tour in English||
US$ 55 US$ 49.50
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 55 US$ 49.50
Children under 12not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in spanish and other language.
Pick up and drop off at your hotel.
English speaking guide.
Tasting of local rums and beers.
10% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
You can book up until 10 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.