See the giant humpback whales of Samana Bay up close. With this brilliant trip from La Romana, you will also visit the beautiful island of Cayo Levantado.
Whale Watching in Samana
We will depart from your hotel in La Romana at 6 am. After a two-hour bus ride, we will arrive at the port of Las Cañitas, located in the middle of the bay of Samana.
From there, we will start a two and a half-hour boat ride to observe the famous humpback whales of Samana up close. These animals are the real kings of the region's waters, reaching up to 50 feet in length and weighing up to 30 tons.
The trip across the bay of Samana concludes in Cayo Levantado. On this paradise island, we will have a delicious buffet lunch whilst relaxing on the beautiful beaches and admiring the dreamy landscapes. At 2:30 pm, we will meet up again to board the boat and sail back to the port.
From Las Cañitas we will return by bus to La Romana, arriving at your hotel at 6 pm.
Whales are unpredictable animals. The number of cetaceans that we will encounter during the activity, depends on multiple factors such as marine currents, weather conditions, and wind direction.
Who can take part in the activity?
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 3 years old. In addition, pregnant women and people with heart problems are not able to participate.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 60% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 3 to 12 years old|
|Tour in English||
US$ 149 US$ 134.10
US$ 89 US$ 80.10
Tour in English
AdultsUS$ 149 US$ 134.10
Children from 3 to 12 years oldUS$ 89 US$ 80.10
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, spanish and other language.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Water, rum, and soft drinks on board.
Buffet lunch and drink in Cayo Levantado.
10% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
You can book up until 10 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.