Discover the magic of underwater life around Malta on a PADI freediving course in Bugibba. Take a deep breath, dive in and explore the Mediterranean Sea!
PADI Freediving in Bugibba, Malta
When you book, you can choose whether you want to take the introductory freediving course or the basic freediving course. In both cases, we will meet at the time of your choice at the Bugibba Dive Centre.
Introductory freediving (2.5 hours)
This beginners' freediving course will begin with an introduction to the sport from a expert multilingual instructor at the dive centre in Bugibba, before we head to Qwara Point Beach, located just 10 minutes away.
There, we'll put on our equipment and spend an hour and a half practising the breathing techniques neccesary for freediving - a sport which requires you to hold your breath underwater rather than using breathing apparatus. Putting our theory into practice, we'll enjoy the tranquillity of life under the Mediterranean Sea. How long will you be able to hold your breath underwater?
At the end of the two and a half hour introductory course, we'll return to the original meeting point.
Basic freediving (5 hours)
Our professional instructor will explain everything we need to know for our activity while we gather our equipment together. We'll then set off for our destination: Qwara Point Beach.
Kitted out with everything we need, we'll enter the water to practice freediving. We'll spend three hours diving into the depths of the sea and returning to the surface to learn the basic principles of this type of diving. While underwater, we'll get to see the wealth of marine life off the coast of Malta - a truly unforgettable experience!
After the five hour basic freediving course, we'll return to the dive centre where the activity will end, and we'll say goodbye feeling like true freediving experts!
- Introductory course: Minimum age 6 years old and all participants must know how to swim. Children under 18 years old must present a signed permission slip from their parent or guardian, and children under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Basic course: Minimum age of 18 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Per personUS$ 84.50
Per personUS$ 156.90
2 hours 30 minutes - 5 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Transport by bus or mini bus.
English speaking instructor.
When to book?
Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Bugibba Dive Centre.