Learn African fabric dyeing techniques at this craft workshop in the centre of Maputo. Get creative!
Mozambique Arts and Crafts Workshop
We'll meet at 8:30 am at 417 Kwame Nkrumah Avenue in Maputo, where we'll attend an hour and a half long workshop. We'll relax and get creative as we learn traditional fabric dyeing techniques such as batik.
The teachers at the workshop will show us how to colour fabric with the African batik method, a simple method that requires a little dexterity and a lot of creativity. We'll even be able to keep the fabrics we make!
After the first workshop, you'll have 10 minutes of free time to take a short break before the next class. At the end of this break, we'll enjoy an hour-long arame crafts workshop, which involves painting with bright colours. Ready to bring out your creative side?!
The arame craft workshop will end at 11:30 am.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Per person||Children under 6|
|Arts and crafts workshop||
Arts and crafts workshop
Per personUS$ 49
Children under 6not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Materials for the arts and crafts workshop.
When to book?
You can book up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
417 Avenida Kwame Nkrumah.