Discover Maputo on two wheels and at your own pace. You can go to the places that interest you, and combine tourism and exercise as you explore the capital of Mozambique by bike.
Maputo Bike Rental
Between 7 am and 7 pm, you can rent a bike in Maputo for four hours. All you have to do is collect the bike from number 417 on Avenida Kwame Nkrumah, where you'll also be given a helmet, lock and map of the city. From then, you'll be able to explore the capital of Mozambique exactly as you wish!
We recommend pedalling to the south of the city, where you'll see iconic monuments and buildings such as the European-influenced central train station built at the beginning of the 20th century. Did you know that this is considered to be one of the capital's most beautiful buildings?
Just a few blocks north of the station, you could cycle past another of the city's emblematic spots: Independence Square, also known as Praça da Independência. On the northern side of the square, you'll see Maputo City Hall, and to the east stands the impressive Cathedral of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception. In the square's proximities, there are also other treasures to explore, such as Iron House, designed for the governor of Mozambique and the beautiful Tunduru Gardens, designed in 1885 by British gardener Thomas Honney.
Another recommendable option is to cycle to Rua dos Lusiadas, where you'll find the Natural History Museum and the Museum of Geology. The possibilities are endless!
After four hours exploring the city, you'll have to return to the initial meeting point to return the bike.
Children aged under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Per person||Children under 15|
Per personUS$ 37
Children under 15not permitted
Bike rental for 4 hours.
Helment and lock.
Map of Maputo.
When to book?
You can book up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Avenida Kwame Nkrumah, 417.