The Maputo Special Reserve, Macaneta beach, Bazaruto island and other incredible destinations in Mozambique will take your breath away on this 12-day tour.
Mozambique Tour: Complete 12 Days
Day 1: Maputo
With this tour of Mozambique, we'll start with a crafts workshop. We'll meet at 10:30 am at Kwame Nkrumah Avenue in Maputo, where we'll enjoy a four-hour workshop on batik painting and arame in the centre of the capital city.
Afterwards, you'll have some free time until the afternoon when we'll meet up at the workshop and head to a restaurant in the city centre. We'll be served a delicious welcome dinner so we can try some different local specialities! At the end of the first day we'll take you to the hotel in Maputo where we'll be staying for two nights.
Day 2: Maputo – Maputo Special Reserve – Maputo
In the morning, we'll set off for the Maputo Special Reserve: one of the most fascinating natural areas in southern Mozambique. After a light breakfast, we'll venture into the park on an unforgettable safari. You'll get the chance to see impalas, zebras, antelopes, giraffes and African elephants in their natural habitat. At lunchtime, we'll make a stop for a picnic on the shores of one of the lakes before continuing our tour of the reserve in search of more fascinating wildlife. At the end of the safari, we'll make our way back to the hotel in Maputo.
Day 3: Maputo – Kruger National Park
We'll leave the capital of Mozambique behind and head to the Kruger National Park, Kruger Park is a big 5 area zone, if we are lucky we can see them all. We'll visit the areas in a safari truck, which increases our chances to see animals. Our open roof also creates a very unique experience.
Day 4: Kruger National Park
The first rays of the dawning sun will taint the windows of our lodge in shades of scarlet and ochre as we wake up for breakfast on our fourth day. We'll spend the morning visiting the areas of the reserve we didn't get to see the day before and after having lunch in a picnic area of the park, We'll have a full day of doing game drives in the greater Kruger National Park, before spending the night back in the lodge.
Day 5: Kruger National Park – Bilene Beach
After breakfast in the hotel, we'll spend our last morning in the Kruger National Park. Eyes open, this is your chance to spot those animals you haven't yet seen! We'll eat lunch in the park, then set off for one of the most paradisiacal spots on the southern coast of Mozambique: Bilene Beach. When we arrive, you'll have the rest of the day free to enjoy the dreamy coasts of Bilene at your leisure. We'll spend the night in a hotel on the shores of the lagoon.
Day 6: Bilene Beach – Tofo Beach
We'll leave Bilene and set off in the direction of another of the most popular tourist areas on Mozambique's southern coastline: the famous Tofo Beach, where you'll have the rest of the day free to swim in the Indian Ocean and sunbathe on its golden sand. We'll spend the night in a hotel on the coast.
Day 7: Tofo Beach
After breakfast at the hotel, you'll have another free day to explore the natural landscapes of Tofo beach. If you wish, you can also relax at the hotel.
Day 8: Tofo Beach – Vilanculos
After enjoying a delicious breakfast at the Tofo hotel, we'll head to the beautiful coastal town of Vilanculos. We'll have lunch at the hotel we'll be staying at, and then you'll have the rest of the day free to relax and enjoy the famous beaches of Vilanculos at your own pace.
Day 9: Vilanculos
Once you've fuelled up with a delicious breakfast at the hotel, you'll enjoy a leisurely day in Vilanculos, sunbathing and relaxing in the warm sun! We'll spend the night in the same hotel as the day before.
Day 10: Vilanculos – Bazaruto Island – Vilanculos
We'll admire a breathtaking African sunrise as we have breakfast at the Vilanculos hotel. Today we'll be sailing off on a boat trip to the island of Bazaruto where you'll get the chance to go snorkelling on the Mozambican coast. After a light lunch on board, we'll make our way back to the hotel.
Day 11: Vilanculos – Macanets beach
We'll start the tenth day of this tour with a hearty breakfast at the Vilanculos hotel before setting off for Macaneta Beach. Once we arrive at the hotel, you'll then have the rest of the day to explore the area by yourselves.
Day 12: Macaneta Beach - Maputo
On this day we'll start with breakfast at the hotel. After making the most of your last day on the tour, you'll spend the morning exploring the area before leaving for Maputo.
The tour includes 11 nights in Mozambique. The hotels we'll be staying in are the following:
- Maputo (2 nights): Vila Das Mangas Hotel.
- Kruger National Park (2 nights): Skukuza Lodge.
- Bilene Beach (1 night): Praia Do Cossa Resort Hotel.
- Tofo Beach (2 nights): Casa na Praia.
- Vilanculos (3 nights): Archipelago Resort.
- Macaneta Beach (1 night): Tan-N'-Biki Macaneta Hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Per personUS$ 1,850
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Transport in air conditioned vehicle with drinks fridge and USB chargers for each seat.
English speaking guide.
Accommodation for 11 nights.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner as mentioned in the description.
Crafts workshop in Maputo.
Safari and tickets to Maputo and Sabie Game Park.
Boat trip to Bazaruto Island.
Rest of the activities and tours mentioned in the description.
Breakfasts, lunches and dinners not mentioned in the description.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
417 Kwame Nkrumah Avenue.