Enjoy a complete introduction to the city center of Mumbai with this free walking tour. You will be in the hands of an experienced guide and best of all, it’s totally free!
We start this tour through Mumbai at the Gateway of India, a monument constructed on the seafront during the British Raj. After hearing about its history, we will head to the best-known Arab perfumeries in Mumbai and visit one of the city’s iconic hotels.
The guide’s entertaining descriptions and stories will accompany you throughout the tour. You will discover both Mumbai’s most famous locations, such as the city hall and St. Thomas Cathedral, and the city’s innermost unknown corners, such as a charming old library and the first Indian theatre with air conditioning.
Other locations on the route include the Mumbai Stock Exchange, the Reserve Bank of India, the Horniman Circle Gardens and the National Gallery of Modern Art.
Our trip finally ends at Marine Drive, a 2-mile long wooden boulevard that runs parallel to the coastline. By this point, you will know your way around Mumbai well enough to continue exploring on your own. Our guide is also more than happy to give you any advice you need to enjoy more of what Mumbai has to offer without spending much money.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking expert guide
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (11:59 pm) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Gateway of India, Mumbai