Come on this guided tour to uncover the masonic symbols that can be found on some of Murcia's main monuments!
Masonic Murcia Tour
We'll meet outside the iconic Romea Theatre and set off to discover the Masonic symbols of Murcia, the capital of one of the Spanish provinces with the highest number of documented Freemasons. Decipher them all on this guided tour of Murcia that will leave you speechless!
The first signs we'll see will be on the theatre itself, which is one of the most important cultural institutions in the city. As we admire its 1862 Elizabethan façade, we'll start to notice its hidden Masonic elements!
Our tour will continue on Traperia street, home to the Royal Casino. In the 19th century, casinos were a meeting place for intellectuals and prominent figures in the cities, and among those were freemasons. Will we find some clues on this building? You'll find out!
Our route will end next to the Almudi Palace and the old House of Justice, current headquarters of the COAM (Official Association of Architects of Murcia). Does the compass simply symbolise architecture, or does it have a darker meaning?
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 10 years old||Children under 3|
Children between 3 and 10 years oldFree
Children under 3not permitted
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in spanish.
English speaking guide specialising in the history of Murcia.
When to book?
You can book up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Plaza Julián Romea (outside the Romea Theatre).