Discover the beautiful area of Nantes with this Erdre River Boat Tour, one of the main tributaries of the Loire in western France. Let yourself be seduced by its landscapes!
Erdre River Boat Tour
The boat trip on the Erdre River will start at 3.30 pm from the Place Waldeck Rousseau quay in Nantes. During the crossing, you'll see the Châteaux de l'Erdre, luxurious mansions built on the river bank as a symbol of ostentation and wealth.
Another remarkable building you'll see on the route is the Maison de l'Erdre, which is located on the small river island of Versailles. The audio guide will explain, among other curiosities, why this tiny floating territory has the same name as the famous city where some French kings lived.
The boat trip will also allow you to take a close look at some of the bridges over the Erdre River, including the iconic Pont Général de la Motte Rouge. This footbridge, which now allows pedestrians, cyclists and cars to cross, was inaugurated in 1891 to pay homage to this French general. During the tour, you'll also learn about the history of this illustrious character.
The crossing of the Erdre River will end at 5 pm at the departure quay.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Students between 13 and 18 years oldUS$ 11.60
Children between 3 and 13 years oldUS$ 7.90
Children under 3 years oldFree
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with an audioguide in english and other languages.
Boat trip on the Erdre River.
English speaking audio guide on board.
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, you must attend with a carer.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Waldeck Rousseau Square quay.