24th of August, year 79 AD: the ground begins to tremble, the sky blackens and Vesuvius unleashes its wrath. Relive the history of Pompeii with this excursion to its ruins.
We'll pick you up at your hotel at 10 am, to take you by bus to the archaeological remains of Pompeii.
After a drive of approximately 40 minutes, we'll arrive at the remains of the ancient Roman city. The 24th of August, in the year 79, emperor Tito received one of the worst pieces of news during his reign. Vesuvius had unleashed its fury upon Stabiae, Herculaneum and Pompei. We will learn of the devastating effects of the volcano on this last city, passing through its streets, appreciating how the ashes covered a large part of the urban centre.
The city was totally buried and forgotten until the 18th century, and we will explain the story of how the town was rediscovered thanks in part to the excavations patronised by the future king of Spain, Carlos III. On our tour we will pass through the forum where the Romans met and traded, as well as the remains of the public buildings such as the Lupanar (brothel) with frescos of erotic scenes, providing an insight into their way of life. And in the majestic House of the Vetti we can appreciate the luxury with which the most powerful families surrounded themselves.
Having finished our guided tour of Pompeii we will begin the return journey to Naples, where we will arrive around 1:30 pm.
This excursion is available for cruise passengers: in this case, the departure time is at 9:45 am from the Naples port. The meeting point is the Terminal Passageri (passenger terminal) in the Stazione Maritima (marina). When making your reservation please indicate this information in the "hotel pick-up" field.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 21 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adultos||Children from 4 to 17||Children under 4.|
Children from 4 to 17US$ 35.70
Children under 4.Free
3 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Pick up and drop off at the hotel.
English speaking guide.
Skip the line tickets to pompeii's archaeological remains
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Do you organise trips for 60 people or more?
A - No, we work with smaller groups.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.