Discover the essence of Nazaré on this complete guided tour of the city and visit its most important monuments and landmarks.
Nazaré Guided Tour
After picking you up from your hotel at 9:30 am, we'll set off on a guided tour of Nazaré to see its most iconic monuments and landmarks.
First, we'll head to the Igreja da Misericórdia da Pederneira, a Mannerist-style church that dates back to the 17th century and is located at the top of the city, where we'll enjoy a breathtaking view of the coast. Then we'll visit the Dry Fish Museum, a symbol of Nazaré where you'll get the chance to taste the essence of the town.
Then we'll ride Nazaré's funicular to visit another of the most iconic monuments in the city: the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Nazaré. When we arrive, we'll tell you all about the fascinating history of this magnificent building.
Laslty, we'll make our way to the Fort of São Miguel Arcanjo, which stands proudly on top of a cliff on the beach of Nazaré. Did you know this historic landmark is also famous for its proximity to a popular surfing spot with some of the highest waves in Portugal?
At the end of the tour, we'll drop you off at your hotel for around 1:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 75% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 7 and 17 years old||Children under 7 years old|
Children between 7 and 17 years oldUS$ 6.10
Children under 7 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Ticket for the Nazaré funicular.
Entry fee to the Fort of São Miguel Arcanjo.
Entry fee to the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Nazaré: € 1 (US$ 1.20) per person.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.