Enjoy an adventure-filled day at El Valle de Antón, nestled in the crater of an extinct volcano. You'll hike through the rainforest, visit a local market and see the golden poison frog's natural habitat.
Day Trip to El Valle de Antón
After picking you up from your hotel in Ciudad de Panamá or Playa Bonita we'll set out on a two-hour journey to El Valle de Antón.
Located in the crater of a huge extinct volcano, El Valle de Antón is 1969 feet (600 m) above sea level and the cool temperatures due to this altitude give way to a unique ecosystem unlike any other in Panama.
Having discovered the crater of the volcano itself, and made the most of the views, we'll visit the El Níspero Zoo and Botanical Garden where we can get up close with the region's most famous species - the Panamanian golden frog! And you'll learn all about the local species of plant life in the botanical garden.
Throughout the day we'll also visit the El Macho waterfall, to enjoy a dip in its waters - the cherry on the cake of an unforgettable day!
The tour finishes with a delicious lunch in a local restaurant, which is the perfect opportunity to try some Panamanian specialties! The menu consists of a starter, main dish, a drink and dessert.
Then at around 1 pm we'll begin the return journey back to your hotel, where we'll arrive at about 3 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 3 to 12||Children under 3|
Children from 3 to 12US$ 112
Children under 3Free
7 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to Níspero Zoo and the thermal springs.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.