Explore the large cave system in Puerto Rico with this Las Cabachuelas Caves Day Trip departing from Ponce. You'll learn the secrets of the country's most famous caves!
Las Cabachuelas Caves Day Trip
We'll pick you up at your hotel in Ponce between 7 and 8 am. Following the road that runs through the interior of Puerto Rico, we'll arrive at the municipality of Morovis. On the outskirts of this town, the caves of Las Cabachuelas, the most famous on the island, await us.
After a brief safety talk, we'll put on our helmets and other caving equipment ready to explore the interior of Las Cabachuelas! Inside the caves, we'll discover aspects of the subtropical forests where the tunnels are located. We'll also observe the native bats and other fauna and flora.
We'll learn how these locations originated by looking closely at the stalactites and stalagmites in the caves. We'll also stop at the petroglyphs that were carved by the Tainos. Do you know how this pre-Columbian civilization discovered the existence of the caves? We'll find out!
Following on, we'll go to a restaurant in the area to enjoy a traditional menu that will include several Puerto Rican specialities, such as sweet plantains, beans and yucca.
After lunch, we'll return to your hotel in Ponce arriving at 2 pm.
Excursion from San Juan
If you prefer, you can also book this same tour departing from San Juan.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
|Per person||Children under 8|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 135
Children under 8not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by car or minibus, depending on the size of the group.
English speaking guide.
Helmets and other caving equipment.
Bottle of mineral water and energy bar.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.