On this day trip, we'll visit Guimarães and Braga, getting to know the culture, gastronomy and natural beauty which the north of Portugal offers. On this unique tour, you'll discover one of the most important religious cities in the world known as the "Cradle of Portugal".
Guimarães and Braga Day Trip
Having picked you up from your hotel or the meeting point, we'll head to the historic city of Braga, a destination loaded with charm which should be a must-see on any visit to Portugal.
Once in the city, we'll visit the sanctuaries which make up the "Triangle of Faith": the ancient Braga Cathedral - one of the most important buildings in the country thanks to its long history and magnificent representations of different architectural styles - and the Sanctuaries of Bom Jesus do Monte and Our Lady of Sameiro, both important pilgrimage destinations.
Having enjoyed some free time to pass through the city and perhaps do some shopping, we'll fuel up with a typical Portuguese lunch before hitting the road towards Guimarães. Thanks to its significant role in Portuguese history, this northern town is often considered to be the "cradle of the Portuguese nationality". So that you can fully enjoy lunch, please let us know when making your booking if you have any dietary requirements.
In Guimarães, we will visit the imposing Medieval castle, and explore the delightful historic centre, which has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Wherever you are in the city, the fortified towers of the Palace of the Dukes of Braganza can be seen jutting above the skyline. Visiting its exterior, we'll note the influence of 14th-century French palaces on the architecture.
The tour will end back in Porto at around 6 pm, dropping you off at your hotel or wherever is most convenient for you.
Hotel pick up
When making your reservation, you'll have the choice between adding a pick up service to your tour, with collection from hotels in Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia, or making your own way to the meeting point at the San Bento train station.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 66% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 66% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12||Children under 4|
|Tour with pick up||
US$ 107.60 US$ 96.80
US$ 53.80 US$ 48.40
|Tour without pick up||
US$ 95.60 US$ 86.10
US$ 47.80 US$ 43
Tour with pick up
AdultsUS$ 107.60 US$ 96.80
Children between 4 and 12US$ 53.80 US$ 48.40
Children under 4Free
Tour without pick up
AdultsUS$ 95.60 US$ 86.10
Children between 4 and 12US$ 47.80 US$ 43
Children under 4Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off (optional).
English speaking guide.
Lunch with drink included.
10% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
You can book up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is it possible to bring a pushchair/stroller on the tour?
A - Yes, as long as it is foldable.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
352 Rua Mouzinho da Silveira.