Enjoy a unique foodie experience on your trip to Pune: sign up to this Indian cooking class and sample the most delicious traditional dishes at dinner with a local family.
Cooking Class & Dinner with an Indian Family
Having been picked up from your hotel in Pune at 6 pm, you'll head to the home of a local family, where you'll be welcomed inside to learn all about one of the key pillars of the country's culture, the gastronomy, while you enjoy a drink.
After a great introduction to Indian cuisine, you'll make your way to the kitchen for the practical side of your cooking class. Learn about the traditional tricks and techniques used to make the most typical dishes from Pune and from across India as a whole. And then it'll be time to cook!
Guided by your host family, you'll prepare mouth-watering recipes. For the starter, you'll learn to make pakoras, fried onion and vegetable patties, or samosas, spicy potato-filled pastries. Continuing on to your main course, you'll concoct a dish of rice and vegetables, accompanied by typical Indian bread. Of course, we can't forget dessert! You'll be taught how to make gulab jamun in kheer, which are like soft dough balls in sweet syrup.
When your meal is ready to serve, you'll sit down together and dig in to the feast you've created. The perfect end to a unique evening of fun! With full stomachs and happy tastebuds, you'll be taken back to your hotel in Pune.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 27.30
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Indian cooking class.
Dinner with a local family.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.