Discover a little more about the Hindu culture by visiting the historically important shrines around Pune. Learn all about the god Ganesha and visit the oldest market in the city. An essential introduction to the religious side of India!
We will meet up at the indicated time at Dagadusheth Halwai Ganapati, one of the most important temples in Pune. We stop in front of the grand entrance to reveal all about how it was constructed and to see the two majestic marble sentinels.
Once inside the temple, you will encounter the magnificent statue of the Hindu God Ganesha, adorned in more than forty kilos of gold. Do you know why this god has the body of a human and the head of an elephant? All is revealed on this tour!
Our journey continues to five other ancient temples dedicated to this God where you will learn about its importance in Hindu culture. In each one of these shrines, we will receive blessings and incredible insights into this religion.
Our next stop is the oldest market in Pune. We will browse the various stalls which sell a huge variety of local products. There is something for everyone here!
Finally, we bid you farewell in the Tulsi Baugh area where the tour finishes.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 4 years old|
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Entry into the temples.
When to book?
You can book up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Dagadusheth Halwai Ganapati Temple