Delve into the culture of the cook islands and taste the exquisite cuisine with this traditional dinner in Rarotonga. Three local families will cook for you and teach you about their customs.
Traditional Dinner in Rarotonga
You will be picked up from your hotel in Rarotonga between 5 pm and 5:30 pm for an immersive experience with this traditional Rarotonga dinner.
We will take you to the homes of three local families where they will be waiting with open arms to show you what island life is like. At each house, we will have the opportunity to taste a different dish.
You will be welcomed upon arrival at the first house and we will start the evening with a pleasant stroll through their garden to discover some of the most typical plants and flowers on the island. Afterwards, it's on to the table to taste a dish that has been freshly prepared for us.
In the next house, we will enjoy a buffet-style menu made up of various typical dishes of the island. You will feel part of the family as we sit down to eat together and the locals share their stories with you.
We will serve you dessert in a different house where you will have the opportunity to taste some traditional sweets, fresh fruit, and the famous Atiu island coffee. All of this will be accompanied by traditional songs accompanied by the sound of the ukulele and the guitar.
Finally, between 9 pm and 9:30 pm, we will take you back to your hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 5 to 12 years old||Children under 5 years old|
Children from 5 to 12 years oldUS$ 50.60
Children under 5 years oldFree
4 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with an escort that speaks in english.
Pick up from hotel and return transfer.
Transport in minibus.
English speaking escort.
Dinner at the home of three local families.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not advisable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.