If you have never tried Scuba Diving, but would love to find out what it's all about, then this basic initiation course is the perfect introduction for you. We will take you into the depths of the magical ocean that surrounds Porto da Barra.
What to expect
From the meeting point, we will head to the Porto da Barra beach, where we will board a boat which will take us out into the high seas.
When we have arrived at the stunning Santa Maria coral reef, where you will discover a huge variety of marine life, the professional instructor will give you the basic instructions so you can get the most out of your diving experience, in the safest possible way.
Then we get equipped with the wetsuit, flippers, goggles, and oxygen tank, and have an initial practice session in the water. When we a fully prepared and ready to go, we will slowly start to descend into the ocean, reaching a depth of around 30 feet (10 meters). Your wonderful underwater experience will then last for around 40 or 50 minutes.
At the end of the diving activity, we will present you with a souvenir photo of your dive so you will remember this experience forever.
- Children under 10 years old and pregnant women, cannot take part in this activity.
- It is not recommended to consume alcoholic drinks in the 24 hours preceding your dive.
- After the activity, you must wait for at least 12 hours before you can take a flight on an airplane due to the change in pressure.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Per personUS$ 30.60
40 - 50 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Professional English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, you must attend with a carer.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Porto da Barra Commercial Centre