Enjoy a unique aquatic experience for your stay in San Andres with this Manta-Ray encounter in Cayo Acuario. Put on your swimsuit, climb on board the boat, and come and see the most beautiful marine species of the Colombian Caribbean: manta rays.
Manta Ray Experience in Cayo Acuario
We'll meet at Newball Avenue at the chosen time and head to the San Andrés island's port to board our boat! As we drift through the idyllic crystal waters, you will enjoy splendid views of the picturesque palm groves!
The destination is Cayo Acuario - a heavenly enclave that welcomes us with its exotic vegetation and fine white sands. Here, you will meet the area's most popular inhabitants - the manta rays! Gazing through the water from the boat, you will see these amazing creatures enjoying their natural habitat.
Then we get off the boat and into the water. As the tide is low, we can wade through the Caribbean interacting with the rays. Using your own snorkel equipment you can approach them, greet them, and even pet them!
After the experience, you can explore Cayo Acuario or walk around nearby Haynes Key, before embarking on the journey back to the port of San Andrés. We will accompany you back to the meeting point to conclude the activity.
The total duration of the activity is 7 hours.
When making the reservation, you can choose the option that includes only the visit to Cayo Aquario, without interacting with the rays. You can relax on the beach, bathe in its calm Caribbean waters and enjoy this unique landscape. The duration of the activity is 5 hours.
Who can participate in this activity?
- This activity is not recommended if you have an injury.
- Pregnant women are not permitted to take part in this activity.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 3|
|Manta ray experience||
Manta ray experience
Children under 3Free
Children under 3Free
5 - 7 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Manta ray experience (option depending).
When to book?
You can book up until 1 hour before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - What happens if the weather is bad?
A - This activity is weather dependant. If the weather is bad, the sighting will be cancelled and we'll offer you a different date or a refund.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.