Discover the history and beauty of Santiago in a unique way when you take this Gargoyles Tour in Santiago de Compostela.
Gargoyles Tour of Santiago de Compostela
We will meet up in the city center at the agreed time to begin our wonderful Gargoyles Tour of Santiago de Compostela. From Praza da Quintana square, we then go to the Praza da Inmaculada square, which is home to the famous Santiago Cathedral. Here, you will hear all about why many of the gargoyles of this temple were hidden from sight during remodeling work which took place in the Baroque period. However, in this same square, you will see the fascinating gargoyles of the Monastery of San Martiño Pinario.
Next, we will stroll down the Rúa da Moeda Vella street, also flanked by gruesome gargoyles, the Rúa de Jerusalén street, which runs through the old Jewish ghetto, and the Via Sacra avenue which ends at the splendid Praza de Feixóo square. There, our guide will show you some more amazing medieval stone monsters.
Our route will then take us to the famous Praza das Praterías square and nearby Rúa do Vilar street, where, besides observing the gargoyles, we will also hear fascinating stories about the rituals that were traditionally carried out in this area of the city.
After admiring the cloister of the Pazo de Fonseca University Campus and the Praza do Obradoiro square, we will head to Alameda Park, our last stop on the tour. Once there, we will say goodbye at the captivating Bench of Whispers which has been hoarding secrets and rumors since 1916.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Professional English Speaking Guide
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Praza da Quintana square