Discover the areas of Povoação and Lagoa de São Brás with this Sao Miguel Jeep Tour. You'll find out about the island's first inhabitants and more.
Sao Miguel Jeep Tour
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Ponta Delgada at 8:30 am. Here, we'll get on board an all-terrain jeep and head to Povoação.
On the way, we'll pass by Vilafranca do Campo, a village famous for the volcanic islet off its coast. Did you know that it was the first human settlement of Sao Miguel? While we're here we'll enjoy a traditional lunch in a local restaurant.
Afterwards, we'll reach Nordeste, a city located exactly in the northeastern part of the island. Here we'll find that its streets are decorated with traditional Portuguese architecture. You'll also have the opportunity to admire the majestic Arnel lighthouse from one of the famous viewpoints.
The highlight of the tour will be Lagoa de São Brás, a lagoon surrounded by coniferous forests and green hills, where we'll enjoy peace and tranquillity.
Porto Formoso will be the last stop. After observing the views of the tea village, we'll return to Ponta Delgada by jeep, arriving at 4:30 pm.
The tour includes pickup from Ponta Delgada hotels. If you are staying in another area of the island, you will have to go to João Bosco Mota Amaral avenue in Ponta Delgada.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 12 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 75% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 7 and 12 years old||Children under 7 years old|
Children between 7 and 12 years oldUS$ 32.80
Children under 7 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up
Transport by jeep.
English speaking expert guide in the history and nature of Sao Miguel.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Avenida João Bosco Mota Amaral.