Discover the volcanic scenery of the northeast of Sao Miguel, visiting the true geographical treasures of Povoação and Lagoa de São Brás.
Povoação and Lagoa de São Brás Day Trip
We'll meet in Ponta Delgada and then pass along San Miguel's southern coastline. Here we'll find charming coastal towns, such as Vila Franca do Campo, with its green and copper islet sitting opposite the town. Do you know what caused this tiny natural formation?
Continuing on our journey, we'll reach another captivating coastal town, Povoação. Before replenishing our energy with a traditional lunch in a local restaurant, we'll have a wander around its picturesque streets.
After lunch we'll continue our route to Nordeste. This town, meaning northeast in Portuguese, is, as its name implies, located in the most northeastern point of San Miguel. Thanks to its strategic location, the lighthouse of Arnel can be found here, which we can see from one of the viewpoints in a nearby village.
We'll get back on the road again and head towards the famous Lagoa de São Brás lagoon. Surrounded by virgin greenery with no man-made buildings (which the local authorities have prohibited in this area); this is one of the spectacular natural spaces inland Sao Miguel. While we enjoy the surroundings, we'll also learn about the evolution of its formation throughout history.
The town of Porto Formoso can be found very close to the lagoon, and we'll take a break there to admire the incredible views before finally heading back to Ponta Delgada.
The tour includes pickup from Ponta Delgada hotels. If you are staying in another area of the island, you will have to go to João Bosco Mota Amaral avenue in Ponta Delgada.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 12 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 75% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 7 and 12 years||Children under 7|
Children between 7 and 12 yearsUS$ 44.90
Children under 7Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other language.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking expert guide.
Transport in an air conditioned vehicle.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Avenida João Bosco Mota Amaral s/n.