Delve into the Norwegian fjords and go canoeing and hiking at Preikestolen, the rock known as the "Preacher’s Chair".
Preikestolen Hike + Canoeing
We'll pick you up from the point you select early in the morning and set off on a journey to the shores of Lake Refsvatn, located in the Lysefjord Fjord, one of Norway's most visited areas. When we arrive we'll hand out the equipment to go canoeing through this natural landscape.
Then we'll head back to the mainland and begin our 3 and a half hour hike through the lush forests.
At the end of this tour, you'll get a breathtaking view of the fjord from the Preikestolen plateau, at 604 metres high. We'll also have a rest to admire the setting and take thousands of photos.
We'll go back via a different route, so we'll get to see even more of this magnificent area. We'll get back to Stavanger by around 5:30 pm.
Who can take part in this activity?
- The hiking activity is designed for people with a good level of fitness. The hike is approximately 6.3 miles (10 kilometres) and you'll climb almost 2000 feet (600 metres).
- The maximum age is 60 years old.
- To take part, you must have a minimum weight of 33 pounds (15 kg) and a minimum height of 41 inches (105 cm).
When you book, please select one of the following pick up points:
- Thon Hotel Maritim, Stavanger (6:55 am).
- Stavanger Bed & Breakfast (7:00 am).
- St. Svithun Hotel, Stavanger (7:05 am).
- Hotel Park Inn by Radisson, Stavanger (7:05 am).
- Clarion Hotel Stavanger (7:10 am).
- Hotel Radisson Blu Atlantic, Stavanger (7:10 am).
- Stavanger Tourist Information Office (7:10 am).
- Clarion Collection Skagen Brygge (7:15 am).
- Kanelsnurren Bakery (7:15 am).
- Scandic Stavanger City Hotel (7:20 am).
- Lilland Hotel, Tau (8:10 am).
- Verkshotellet, Jørpeland (8:20 am).
- Preikestolen Mountain Lodge (8:30 am).
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protective material and safety to help avoid the spread of Covid-19.
|Adults||Children between 10 and 15 years old||Children under 10|
Children between 10 and 15 years oldUS$ 142.40
Children under 10not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned vehicle.
Professional English speaking guide.
Drink and snack.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.