Discover Roman heritage on this free tour of Tarragona, the ancient province of Hispania Tarraconensis. Plus, it's free!
Tarragona Free Walking Tour
We'll meet at 10:30 am at the Portal del Roser to set off on our free walking tour of the old town of Tarragona.
We'll begin our visit to Tarraco by exploring its streets and learning about its ancient inhabitants. We'll stop in front of the Santa Tecla Cathedral, built on Roman, Visigoth and Arab sites. We'll also go to the Roman circus and amphitheatre, both declared World Heritage Sites by UNESCO. Can you imagine the chariot races and gladiator fights that took place here over 2000 years ago?
Our guided tour will then continue to the Balcony of the Mediterranean, a 40-metre high viewpoint where we'll enjoy a stunning view of the Mare Nostrum. Don't forget to touch the railing, they say it's lucky!
Our free tour will end in Rambla Nova at 12 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and spanish.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Portal del Roser.