Tarragona is a beautiful Mediterranean city full of emblematic Modernist architecture: discover its most iconic monuments on this guided walking tour.
Modernist Tarragona Guided Tour Itinerary
On the morning of your tour, meet your guide in the heart of Tarragona city centre, ready to begin your route around its most important Modernist buildings and discover the history and development of this important artistic and architectural movement.
You'll spend two hours exploring Tarragona's historic centre accompanied by an official guide who will show you the buildings considered most emblematic of the Modernism movement, a trend which transformed Tarragona and many other cities in Catalonia from the end of the 19th century.
Your guided tour of Modernist Tarragona will take you to monuments such as the intricately-carved Casa Salas, Casa Bofarull and Casa Ximenis as well as allowing you to admire the spectacular views from Balcó del Mediterrani, or the "Balcony of the Mediterranean". What's more, you'll also have the opportunity to enter the Mausoleum of Jaume I, designed by Catalonian architect Lluís Domenech i Montaner.
Bringing your guided tour of Tarragona to a close, you'll reach Plaça de la Font, a square in the heart of the city. Here you'll put the finishing touch on your activity, relaxing with a delicious glass of Vermouth accompanied with a snack of crisps and olives.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 40% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Seniors over 65 years oldUS$ 15.80
Children between 8 and 12 years oldUS$ 8.50
Children under 8 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Official English speaking guide.
Entrance to the Mausoleum of Jaume I.
Vermouth with crisps and olives.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Rambla Nova, 21.