Explore the beautiful Catalan city of Tarragona in a unique way when you put on these amazing virtual reality glasses, which will transport you back to the Roman era.
Tarragona Tour and Virtual Reality Experience
We will meet up on the principal shopping street in the heart of historic Tarragona. From there, we will begin our guided tour of the old town of this city, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2000. Before we set off, you will receive your virtual reality glasses and we will teach you how to use them.
For the next hour and a half, we will visit all the essential sights around this historic city. You will encounter the forum, which in Roman times was the religious and social center of the city, and we will visit the magnificent Cathedral, which dates back to the 12th-century. At the time it was compared to the Parthenon of Athens. You will see just why this was when we put on our glasses and travel back in time.
You will also discover the magnificent Pretorian Tower, walk along the ancient walls and, of course, we will take you the ruins of the historic Roman circus, where, thanks to the innovative glasses, you will experience just what Chariot racing was like.
We will also see the famous Roman amphitheater, located in the spectacular setting on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea. Here, we put on our glasses once more and travel back thousands of years to a witness a mighty gladiatorial battle.
Children under 8 years old will not have virtual reality glasses.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 40% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 8 to 12 years old||Children under 8 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children from 8 to 12 years oldUS$ 12.10
Children under 8 years oldFree
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Virtual reality glasses.
Entry to the Roman amphitheatre.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
20 Calle Mayor Street