On this trip from Tehran, you will travel to Qazvin and Alamut Castle, a mythical fortress which guards some terrifying secrets. Thanks to our English speaking guide, you will learn all about the Order of Assasins who were based here between the 11th and 13th centuries.
Alamut Castle and Ovan Lake
We will head northwest from Tehran to Qazvin, the ancient capital of the Persian Empire which today is regarded as an important cultural and historical center. Once we are in Qazvin, we will visit the ancient water reserve of the city, which has one of the best-conserved structures in the country.
You will learn all about how this building was used to cool water underground to supply the local population. Leaving the water reserve behind we move on to Ovan lake, a small alpine body of water located in Alamut.
The panoramic landscapes in this region are stunning, which is why you should remember to bring your camera so you can capture the memory forever.
Finally, we will go to Alamut castle to admire the ruins of some secret gardens which were built as a representation of paradise. Here, you will learn all about the history of the Nizari Ismailis, who, over three centuries, earned the nickname the Order of Assasins from their enemies due to the way they conducted warfare.
Besides hearing all about the interesting history of this mysterious sect, you will also see the glorious valley, stretching out between the grand mountain ranges of Alamut. The yellow and red colors of the slopes contrast sharply with the snowy peaks of Mount Elbrus in the background, creating a beautiful scene that will leave you speechless.
After exploring this magical part of Iran, we will return to Tehran, where our trip finally finishes.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 18 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 163.70
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport in bus to Qazvin.
Private car in the area of Alamut.
Tickets (€5 per person)
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not advisable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.