Discover the two stately homes of the Qajar and the Pahlavi Dynasties when you take our fascinating guided tour of the Sadabad and Niavaran Palaces. These magnificent buildings are a testimony to the way of life of the monarchy before the Islamic Revolution of 1979.
Sadabad and Niavaran Palaces Tour
After collecting you from your hotel in Tehran early in the morning, we will head to the historic places which were the residences of the last Shah monarch of Iran, Mohammed Reza Pahlevi.
Our first stop is the Sadabad Palace. It currently houses several museums but was originally the summer residence of Sha Pahlevi and his wife Farah Diba. The legacy of its previous life is still evident in the elegance of the grounds, full of forests, mansion houses, and lavish rooms.
We will learn all about the palace's history up until it was abandoned following the expulsion of the Shah during the Islamic Revolution in 1979.
We continue our guided tour at the Palace of Niavaran, the permanent home of the Shah. Just like Sadabad palace, this complex houses a series of museums. It also includes art galleries and even a library.
This palace was the last refuge of the Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlevi before he fled the country. We will explore the long corridors, admiring the clothes and items that the family left behind before abandoning Iran.
We will return to the hotels in Tehran around 4:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 18 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 109.20
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Entry (€8 per person).
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, imperative to point out when the booking is made.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.