Explore the capital of Tenerife on this guided tour: discover the most emblematic landmarks and monuments in Santa Cruz.
Guided Tour of Santa Cruz de Tenerife
After meeting up at 2 pm outside the Iglesia de la Concepción, a church in the heart of the city centre, we'll begin our tour of Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Ready to delve into the island capital's legendary history?
We'll stroll through the historic centre of the city, passing La Noria Street, Plaza de España and Plaza de la Candelaria until we reach Plaza Weyler. As we admire the beautiful architecture around us, we'll discover that Santa Cruz wasn't always the capital of Tenerife... why not? When did it become capital? Your guide will reveal all on the day of the tour!
One of the most iconic places of interest on our tour route is the Carnival Museum, which is dedicated to the most famous celebration on the entire island. The Carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, held every year in February, is considered to be the second most popular carnival in the world after Rio de Janeiro.
Continue onwards, approaching the Plaza del Príncipe before reaching the portico of the Alameda del Duque de Santa Elena and the Plaza del Chicharro, where we can see the sculpture dedicated to the "chicharro", or mackerel, which has become one of Santa Cruz' most beloved symbols. Our tour will come to an end here, after learning some of the more curious facts that surround the square.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 12 years old||Children under 5 years old|
Children between 5 and 12 years oldUS$ 11.60
Children under 5 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Coffee, water or beer at the end of the tour.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Iglesia de la Concepción.