Would you like to experience an unforgettable night in the Arctic? Enjoy this Lavvu Camping & Reindeer Sledding and discover the Sami lifestyle.
Lavvu Camping & Reindeer Sledding
We'll meet in front of the Radisson Blu Hotel at 6 pm. When we're all there, a minibus will take us into the snowy forests surrounding Tromsø. We'll drive about 50 km away from the city until we reach the Sami camp located near the Lyngen Alps.
To start getting acquainted with the culture of Lapland, we'll enjoy a reindeer sledge ride - the Arctic's means of transport par excellence! Guided by authentic Sami, the reindeer will take us for 30 minutes through the idyllic snowy landscapes of this part of northern Norway.
After this magical moment, we'll return to the camp to enjoy a traditional dinner. You'll taste bidos, a typical Sami dish that will help you to warm up. We'll also take the opportunity to talk about the customs and traditions of this historical town in Lapland.
Finally, it will be time to relax in the traditional Sami tents known as lavvus. You'll enjoy the splendour of the night sky and the silence of Tromsø's forests. If you're lucky, you can even admire the majestic Northern Lights.
After sunrise in this incredible winter landscape, you'll enjoy a delicious breakfast to get your energy up. Around 10 am we'll say goodbye to the Sami camp and start our way back to Tromsø.
Arrival is scheduled for 11 am.
You'll spend the night in a traditional Sami tent known as lavvu. You'll sleep on reindeer skins in sleeping bags with winter insulation, feeling like real Arctic nomads!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 24 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Children between 12 and 17 years oldUS$ 333.60
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 190.60
Children under 4not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Thermal suit, boots and coat.
Reindeer sleigh ride.
Accommodation in a lavvu tent and sleeping bag.
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - What is the capacity of the lavvu tents?
A - Each tent has space for two or three people.
Q - How many people will ride a sledge?
A - Each sled has a capacity of two people.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Radisson Blu Hotel.