Indian cuisine is full of exotic tastes, smells and textures. Taste Udaipur's traditional recipes on this gastronomic walking tour of the city. Delicious!
Your food tour of the "City of Lakes" will begin at the famous Ghanta Ghar, or clocktower.
Throughout the route, you'll stop at various street food stalls where you'll have the opportunity to taste authentic Indian cooking. Amongst the traditional recipes that you'll get to try are the popular kachoris. These spicy snacks are a type of fried dumpling filled with a baked daal mixture.
Another of the delicacies with which you'll delight your palate is dhokla. This versatile traditional Indian food item, made from fermented rice and chickpea flour spiced with chilli and mustard seeds, is eaten cold for breakfast, as a main course, a side dish or a snack.
Delve deeper into the subcontinent's customs and traditions as you sample the exquisite ghevar: a sweet ring-shaped cake that is a must-eat during the Teej festival. Discover all about these festivities thanks to your expert guide!
The last stop on your food route around Udaipur will be the Delhi Gate, where you'll put the finishing touch on your tasty tour: sampling one of Rajasthan's most iconic drinks. Enjoy a steaming cup of spicy masala chai - delicious!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 4 years old|
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of gastronomy in Udaipur.
Tasting of 7 different food products from Udaipur.
Additional food and drinks.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Ghanta Ghar Clocktower.